Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Zojirushi Mr. Bento Stainless Steel Lunch Jar Get it now!


Over All Rating Reviews :
I'm only on my fourth Mr. Bento lunch day, but already I'm loving it! The only complaint I have is that the upper two bowls with the snap on lids don't stay cold. It's difficult to mix hot and cold the way that this is designed. You either need to make a cold/room temp lunch or warm/room temp lunch. There are some ingenious ways you can mix temperatures though, from making a metal disk out of roof flashing to reflect heat to freezing yogurt or pudding into the lower of the two upper bowls to keep them cool. I've found that works very well, my yogurt is defrosted by lunch time and the upper bowl has in turn been kept cold, but the lower two bowls are still piping hot. I haven't found that freezing yogurt has any unappetizing affect on the yogurt's texture or taste.

The bowls are indeed quite large, and even with a vegetarian diet (generally considered to be low-calorie), I have no problems stuffing my Mr. Bento with 800-900 calories worth of food. That's a very large meal! I usually eat 400-500 in one sitting, so I use some bowls for lunch and others for snacks. The possibilities in combinations are endless, and I'm enjoying coming up with new ideas for snacks and meals. Today was mulligatawny soup, quinoa with fresh mozzarella and eggplant-tomato ragu, yogurt with pineapple and granola, and chickpea salad. The outer pocket on the carrying case is the perfect place to fit my 3pm protein bar and is useful for carrying napkins and a sandwich bag of granola so it doesn't get mushy.

I'm not really in need of keeping foods hot or cold at work since we have both a fridge and microwave, though both are questionable in regards to cleanliness. It's nice not to have to "heat and eat", since I can do that in the morning when I pack the jar. I just open up my Mr. Bento and start eating. Neat! Mr. Bento's usefulness really comes into play after bike races. My teammates will be sitting around nibbling on a sports bar and protein shake, meanwhile I'm stuffing my face with hot daal, basmati rice and garlic naan. Can we say jealous!??!

Yes, $40+ might be a bit much for a lunch box, but I figure I only need to bring my lunch 4x a week for 2 weeks to break even on eating out. Plus, I tend to pack much healthier foods and I know what the calorie content is of everything in my lunch jar... something that can't be said when dining out.
Get more detail about Zojirushi Mr. Bento Stainless Steel Lunch Jar.


!: Fruit of the Loom Mens 4-Pack Stripe/Solid Assorted Trunks Fruit of the Loom !: Holley Carburetors Buy !: Kodak EasyShare MD41 12.2MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD (Black) by Kodak !: Bargain Sale Neckties







No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。