Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cheapest 650ml Lunch box bento box with a bag / G - Made in Japan


Over All Rating Reviews :
I recently got interested in the bento box rage and decided to check it out. This is my first "real" bento, although I have been packing my lunch in various containers for years. When I opened the box I was first struck by how pretty the design is--the reason I chose this particular bento in the first place. Secondly I was startled and angered by the small size for the price. I did not research just how big "650 ml" was and was thinking it would be a fairly large oblong with at least a large sandwich sized container and two fairly good sized snack containers partitioned off.

I did think the box was well made, a nice sturdy plastic with secure feeling snaps. The inner boxes are also sturdy and fit well. The bag is also quite cute, and may hold a small granola bar in with the bento. But I still was angry at the size for the price.

Finally, I did some research on the bento concept as put forth by the Japanese. I found that this bento is the size actually recommended for one meal for my age and height. 650 ml translates to 650 calories if the bento is packed with the Japanese mind set and not the usual American fatty fare. Well, I decided to test the accuracy of this, just to prove that the box was overpriced and useless for an adult.

Did I get a surprise! I prepared a meal with the Japenese recommendations in mind. I put a rice combo in the large container. I measured out the cooked rice combo in a standard measuring cup, then filled the large compartment. It held half cup of the rice combo. I filled the other two compartments with carrots and fruit, thinking that this would not be enough to fill me. To my surprise, I found that I was satisfied, not stuffed the way I normally feel when I pack this the usual way (with about triple the amount of rice), but not hungry. I also had to admit to myself that my old portions were actually way too big calorie wise--the bento portions were actually ideal for weight control. I am a visual person, so having a container that "shows" me the correct portion size is a big help. I always tend to overguess otherwise. Previously I had eaten enough calories in one meal to almost make the entire daily total of what I should be eating. Turns out the 650 ml is just right for one meal -about 650 calories if packed the recommended way.

I have since gone through most of my other containers and took note of the ml. According to the Japanese standard, they are huge, and I was packing several of them. No wonder I could not seem to lose weight as I thought I should! See [...] for the recommended sizes.

I do not believe it is necessary to have an expensive Japanese bento to eat according to healthy guidelines. You could easily find a correct sized rubbermaid box for less, but I personally benefit from seeing and handling the smaller Japanese bento boxes. I still think it is a bit overpriced--but I would buy it again to help with my portion control. And the cute design and bag.
Get more detail about 650ml Lunch box bento box with a bag / G - Made in Japan.


!: Comparison Scarf Store







No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。